You may bring your firearm(s) into Canada by following these simple steps:
- Please review Canadian Firearms Declaration Form below
- Fill out the form…but do not sign
- Go to US customs at the border to acquire a declaration card (its the same card you get for your camera or video recorder to avoid problems bringing them back into the US)
- Bring form and declaration card to Canada customs at the border…you sign your form there and pay $50.00 Canadian funds.
*Each hunter may bring up to three firearms with their form and $50.00 fee.
Some further details include:
- Popular calibers are .30-06, .270, .338, and 7 mm.
- All have sufficient power and range for our game.
- Rifles should be sighted for 150-200 yards.
- For transportation into Newfoundland, pack your rifle in a proper gun case which can be locked.
- Your ammunition can also be stored in the hard case.
- Don’t forget to bring a soft case to save weight when we fly you into Spruce Pond.
- Please use the links below to download the proper forms required to bring firearms into Canada.